Senior Clinical Operations Lead
At Roche/Genentech, we have a bold Pharma Vision to achieve 3-5 times more patient benefit at 50% less cost to society. With this vision top of mind, Pharma Product Development (PD) Global Clinical Operations’ (PDG) mission is to become an industry leader and disruptor in re-inventing how we organize ourselves and work. We seek to create new ways of working, always with the patient at the center of everything we do. Our shared purpose is to innovate clinical trial delivery to transform Roche’s patient, caregiver, and site experience to bring better trials to more patients.
We want you to join our mission and be part of our passionate, collaborative, Global Clinical Operations community! We act as one mutually accountable community focused on work that will have the highest impact on our core mission of helping patients across the industry’s most robust Development Portfolio. We recognize the individuality and diversity of everyone, the potential of all our people to learn, grow, develop and achieve great things beyond the confines of traditional job titles and job descriptions. We believe in reducing hierarchy and silos to enable teams closest to the work to deliver impact for patients. We empower and enable people to flow to outcomes-based work that they are most passionate about and where there is the most impact in moving towards our Pharma Vision. We believe every individual should have a self-directed, personalized career journey where personal fulfillment meets company purpose. Every individual has access to and can choose a trusted advisor, advocate, and/or coach.
If this culture and way of working resonates with you, we want you to be a part of our team!
AS A MEMBER OF PDG (JOB SCOPE)
ㆍYou will contribute to a combination of sub-communities that comprise the larger Clinical Operations Community, participate in or lead Work Product Teams and enable clinical trial delivery with a focus on delivering value for patients, investigators, and clinical site staff by addressing emergent needs via:
- Clinical Operations Disease Area Communities (CODACs): you will contribute to the delivery of the PD portfolio of clinical studies and programs across Disease Areas by providing operational and/or strategic input to the teams. Additionally, you may help architect the Disease Area Operational Strategy to enable trial execution and deliver a better future for patients by contributing to Roche’s Personalized Healthcare mission of ensuring the right treatment for the right patient at the right time.
- Clinical Operations Portfolio Enabling Communities (COPECs): you will contribute and enable innovative clinical trial delivery and address emergent, high-impact needs that arise across multiple CODACs to enable more efficient, seamless clinical trial delivery for patients, investigators, and clinical site staff.
- Geographies: You will contribute to one or more of the many geographies that comprise global Clinical Operations so that PDG operates as one larger community. You may serve as a partner to local internal and external stakeholders in the country and help support local business needs.
ㆍ DRIVE PATIENT-CENTRICITY (MINDSETS, BEHAVIOURS, AND ACTIONS) THROUGHOUT CLINICAL OPERATIONS by always putting the needs of the patient and the investigator and clinical site staff first. Cultivate meaningful peer-to-peer collaborations to drive a deeper understanding of the patient, investigator, and clinical site staff needs across PDG and beyond. In doing so, nurture a culture of curiosity to enable faster, simpler, and more patient-centric ways of operationalizing our studies.
ㆍ DRIVE EVOLUTION OF GLOBAL CLINICAL OPERATIONS through the bold pursuit of Roche’s purpose (Doing now what patients need next) and driving Personalized Healthcare by creating, supporting, and embedding radically simpler ways to do high-impact work. This includes successfully delivering Clinical Operation’s portfolio of studies and/or enabling projects.
ㆍ INSPIRE AND EMPOWER TALENT by working with colleagues across Clinical Operations and the Roche family to promote communication and community in a global matrixed environment. Optimizing growth opportunities and capabilities to successfully contribute and operate in a diverse and global environment. Drive new thinking by identifying new opportunities and options to embrace value creation.
ㆍ PROACTIVE STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT AND ALIGNMENT to achieve the Pharma Vision by collaborating influencing and partnering with many important stakeholders and colleagues across Roche including Product Development, Early Development, Diagnostics, Commercial, and our Affiliates as well as external Industry Collaboration Bodies, Investigators, and Clinical Site Staff, Patient Advocacy Groups, and Key Vendors.
ㆍ PROMOTE AND SUPPORT QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE by being accountable for GCP/GVP compliance, data integrity, and taking a balanced risk-based approach in the work you are focused on, seeking guidance or direction as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a talented and passionate human, inspired by our shared purpose to innovate clinical trial delivery to transform Roche’s patient, caregiver, and site experience to bring better trials to more patients.
- You believe in the principles of:
- Customer-Centricity: Actively takes steps to understand the patient and site needs and helps to ingrain a customer focus into Roche’s culture ensuring that our customers are central to every decision made.
- Human-Centricity: A people-centric human that shows up authentically and without ego to create a culture of helpfulness by putting people in the center and has the ability to influence, motivate and bring people together to encourage growth, innovation, and to respond actively to challenges.
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates a love of learning and encourages this in others. Believes errors are a natural part of learning. Gets excited to try something different, to take a risk, to not have all the answers. Believes their talents and those of others can be developed through new experiences, experimenting, and advice seeking.
- Enterprise View: Acts first as a champion of the total enterprise appreciating enterprise-level trade-offs and resource implications, and is willing to de-prioritize their own team’s preferences and projects in service of the greater good.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Advocates for and cultivates a diverse and inclusive work environment ensuring that everyone has an equal opportunity to contribute to and influence every part and level of a workplace. Creates belonging so that everyone feels safe to bring their whole self to work.
- You thrive in environments of ambiguity and collaboration where authority is distributed between all of the people involved and where advice seeking is foundational.
- You apply your organizing and problem-solving skills to plan and run efficient operational and enabling aspects of Clinical Operation’s programs, studies, and/or enabling projects.
- You are an effective communicator that shares information transparently and strategically. You are comfortable working out loud and are an active listener.
- You thrive leading or being an active member of large or small diverse teams.
- You find passion in achieving successful outcomes by inspiring others and actively demonstrating elements of the Roche Leadership framework, including Visionary, Architect, Catalyst, and Coach (VACC) principles.
At Roche/Genentech, we believe our people are key to our success in bringing novel medicines to patients, and we are fully dedicated to being a great place to work and to providing the services, tools, and the environment where everybody feels empowered and trusted and is enabled to uncover their full potential. Join us and help build a diverse and inclusive organization where patient centricity and patient access are our priority