|Who you are: |
• 7~12 years experience, preferably within a variety of functions including but not limited to mechanical design, mechanical integrity, and basic rotating equipment; ; MS or PhD a plus.
• Professional experience with manufacturing processes, as well as knowledge of materials of construction for Electronics Materials production is a plus
• Knowledge of pressure vessels, materials, piping, valving, relief device sizing, insulation, corrosion control and welded assemblies ensuring KGS, KOSHA, ASME and International Code Compliance for vessels and piping. (ASME BPV, Section VIII; ASME B31.3)
• Strategic and Tactical experience in evaluating technical concepts for implementation
• Able to work within a matrix engineering team environment and communicate effectively with teams members, project managers and customers.
• Must demonstrate organizational awareness and prompt issue communication
• Good communication skills are necessary to interface with many groups, and be able to distill complex technical ideas down into actionable concepts
• Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams toward business objectives
As a Mechanical Engineer in the Global Project Execution team, you will provide technical discipline expertise in mechanical engineering ; provide design and technical options, risk evaluation oversight and mitigation recommendations, and implementation strategies to achieve the desired balance of low cost to serve, asset flexibility, technical risk, EHS compliance and standard of service (capacity, yield, quality) necessary for the business to meet its profit and growth objectives.
To succeed in this role, you will need to work collaboratively with personnel from Asset Management, Technology, Engineering and Operations to translate technical requirements from Asset and Product Development Plans into tactical options and actions. As a senior technical resource, the incumbent will also actively mentor and train less experienced engineering resources to ensure consistency in evaluation and implementation of best engineering practices, while procuring subject matter expertise as necessary. And it is also required to support the assessment of process plant safety via DHR and OPHR activities and drive continuous improvement of our process safety performance. It is also required to be responsible for teaching and mentoring less experienced engineers in supporting functions to ensure that technology history, key insights and lessons are captured. And you must be responsive to requests for help and explanations of technology. Other tasks may assign by your superior as well.